Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Edible Book Contest








Hi family, I am getting some pretty neat blogs from some other missionaries and just keep thinking we should not give up on ours. Let's try it again.

I entered the Edible Book contest at the library and invited my RS sisters to join me in the project. I made a little train engine out of cookies and graham crackers and brought it to RS to show the sisters, then invited any of them who wanted to participate to our apartment Sunday afternoon/evening to make a car to add on to my engine. I had three couples and one sister come so we got a little train out of it. With my ingredients and their creativity we got a pretty cute little train out of it. The judging was done yesterday and now all the entries are on display at the library. Our little train got "Best Children's Book". Never mind that there were only 7 entries and 7 categories. It was fun.

The sad looking picture is my attempt to duplicate The Gold Plates. It's a long story but didn't turn out so well.

Love mom

1 comment:

Brian and Terri said...

I like the train, and with my new calling to be the Wolf Den Mother I am sure I will be busy creating many like projects. We are having spring break and sadly syd got sick the first day and has been sick since. Breathing treatments the whole deal. :( Maddie and I have been hitting all the thrift stores since I havent been since I started working during the day to it is fun to have a chance to go. Cant wait for summer!!!