Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Garden is Growing

As james continues to serve in Afghanistan, life moves on- Seasons have come and gone, I've celebrated another birthday, and the kids are getting taller (and so much fun). This is our house on Stonehaven Drive. I don't think I've ever posted a picture of where we actually live, so I finally took a picture! We're at the end of a cul de sac. I love it.
Back in Feb, me and the kids celebrating mom turning 34. Really, 34? Is that necessary?
And after years of wanting, I finally have a garden. Georgia has great weather for farmers. It's fun to see the large cotton crops in the Fall and currently the U-Pick patches of strawberries and blueberries available now in the Spring. In the Christensen garden, we're attempting peas, carrots, asparagus, brocolli, squash, and zuchinni all surrounded with protective marigolds to keep the bugs away. It's amazing to me that the whole plant-a-seed, add-water, bare-fruit thing actually works. It's very exciting.
And so, we've seen changes and growth here. We can't wait to welcome our daddy home soon so he can get in on this family thing :). We've been so blessed while he's been gone and know that your prayers have truly helped us. Now with Libya throwing a wrench in the works, we just pray he will get home as soon as possible.
-Georgia Five.

No comments: