Sunday, August 29, 2010

klundts?

Hey, we are alive. Once Grandma and Grandpa left we decided we better get on the blog so we can keep up with your mission. Life is so crazy and busy, I think we won't realize you are really gone for awhile. I wish we could have spent more time with you in August but PTA came on full blast. Thanks for scheduling some Brinley activities for us. We loved being together. I am going to try to do better at scheduling extended family time. Carol sounded really interested in getting together so I want to take advantage of that. We loved seeing Dave and Sandy's family. I wish you guys lived closer. All these cute cousins so far away.
We had an awesome sacrament meeting speaker today. It was the husband of a couple in our ward who had their first child about three years ago. Halley was born with brain damage because of a lack of oxygen sometime just before or after she was born. She struggled to live for almost a year and then one Sunday morning she passed away. We have been so concerned for this couple who have really struggled through this. Today, he told the story of Halley and bore a beautiful testimony of the plan of salvation. It was so powerful and I could see some of the blessings that this trial has brought.
Nate had a great first week of work. I got up with him every morning at 2:30 to pray with him and send him out the door. Then I would start worrying about PTA and never get back to sleep. After a week of it, we were both out of it. Happily, this month Nate will be working from 8:00-5:00 as they prepare to open this new target store. It is just so good for us to have work to do. It is really blessing him.
I love you all! Next time I promise to send pix instead of words.
becky

No comments: