Sunday, July 17, 2011

klundt update

Well, I've done it. I spent the day at the famous Huntsman Center. I had Basil Cell Carcinoma. Carcinoma means cancer and Basil cells are a very slow growing innocuous (as cancer goes) type. Doctor Duffy said that this skin cancer is 100% sun caused and I think I had it on this spot just inside my hairline because it is right where you stop applying sun screen but in the wind and water it is not protected. So they cut out the hole like you would a bruise on an apple and then in order to stitch it up they had to cut a T. Since it was the same day as the Harry Potter Premier, I asked for of course a specific scar but I just got a T. I have one week to be very careful before the stitches come out. It is pretty swollen and sore but will not last long. The swelling has really changed the shape of my face. Each day has been different. Today the swelling reached my eyes and the ridge of my nose and I look like an Avatar. I am really excited to get through the week and be healthy and done! It does make you think about what it would be like if it wasn't going away and your life would never be the same. It is a good reminder of how blessed we are to have such great bodies. I love you all! Beck

No comments: